Monday 3 December 2007

Sleighs



In the Ducal Palace the woodworkers are bring the royal Sleighs out of storage for the snow that is expected soon. After nearly a year in the palace vaults they will need re -painting , not to mention the waxing of the runners with boar grease. There is much to be done and the new harnesses will need adjusting prior to the first sleigh ride of Winter.

The Ducal court is famous for reckless midnight races where courtiers throw their sleighs around a forest course by lamplight . It is not unknown for heads or worse to be broken...

1 comment:

  1. please send me an e-mail at my office so that I can send you a copy of my Kleine Krieg rules:

    james (dot) purky (at) rabobank (dot) com


    I can't make or read comments on blogspot during work hours, so such activities can only occur in the evening. I have the rules in Word document on my pc at work and will send you a set of rules from there once you send me your e-mail address

    I love your blog and your creativity and imagination.

    Happy Leuthen Day,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete