Saturday 19 April 2008

Out of character 2

Gentlemen ,
many ,many thanks for your ideas- I value your contributions greatly. I have had much to ponder- including fascinating info ( new to me ) regarding the Austrians. My thoughts have developed thus, so far- I will keep my Austrians for strictly historical wargames against my regular opponent and his forthcoming Prussians. Secondly I will develop an imaginary opponent for the Tradgardlanders - for the sheer joy of creating another army, uniforms. ruling household etc etc and the pleasure it gives me. This will be used for mainly solo gaming using BAR and with not too many units upon the table.
With the "elastic " nature of time and space I can surely find room for some small state which borders with the Duchy to act as opposition to Karl Frederick and his army.
Again your thoughts would be appreciated on my ideas!
best wishes
Alan

3 comments:

  1. "I will develop an imaginary opponent for the Tradgardlanders - for the sheer joy of creating another army, uniforms, ruling household etc etc and the pleasure it gives me."
    How warmly do I enjoy and support your decision!

    Cheers,
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like eating salted peanuts. To stop at one is a supreme act of willpower. Good luck with your project and be sure to keep us up to date on any developments!

    Yours,

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just think. The opponent might conquer and annex Tradgardland . . . or vice versa . . . and then you'd have had the fun without permanently adding another imagi-nation.

    Of course there is no problem adding another. Go ahead and have fun with it.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete