Wednesday 23 December 2009

Updates

This Christmas I thought I would post some images from the postal history of the Duchy of Tradgardland. Today's offering is from the 1950's and depicts the little know shrine of St Wolfgang (built by the Bergmann Family as a chantry chapel in the 19th century) a few miles south of Tradgardstadt. Tradgardland still retains the right to produce stamps which are eagerly sought by collectors worldwide.

I am now on my hols- huzzah! School broke up yesterday with a lovely Carol service in church followed by an atmospheric train ride home thru the snow.
I have much planned hobbywise. Terry Gore medieval rules are coming after Christmas having been got by a friend for me at a good price- these will be used for 15th Century games especially. Some parthians arrived yesterday for a small force for Basic Impetus at my local club. I hope to start work on the 1938 vBCW militias I am slowly building and preparing.
Not to mention the parcel coming from America...
Have a great day one and all!More stamps tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in your review of the "Basic Impetus" rules once your club starts to play them.

    Meantime, allow me to wish you (and all Trdgardlanders) a most Merry Christmas and a Healthy Happy New Year.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the seasonal stamp, it's very atmospheric. You've got a nice gathering of goodies coming there too. (And I'm also a fan of Babylon 5, a TV sci-fi series that does treat the viewer as intelligent). A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, from Hetzenberg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays!

    I've sketched up stamps for imaginary countries in the past, just doodling around. I hadn't thought of those in a while. Nice stamp.

    I'm a fan of B5 as well. One of my all time favorite sci-fi tv series. :)

    ReplyDelete