Tuesday 16 February 2010

Of bugs,boxes&boards...

Half term weekend did not go as expected... around 11pm on Saturday my wife and three daughters succumbed to a sickness bug at the same time! They are still not well and I have been doing a Florence Nightingale ever since... this is unheard of in this house and I fear we were visited by Winter Vomiting Bug as it is known here!

This afternoon saw the arrival of my circa 1790 writing box/slope. It was well packaged and has travelled well. It was checked and admired and subsequently put away until my birthday!

We have really enjoyed the winter olympics so far. The family were most taken with the skating whilst I found the snowboard cross to be just amazing!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that we all hope that your ladies recover quickly and relieve you of your Florence Nightengaling.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the significance of the dumpster in your driveway?

    I have a similar writing box at home, although someone turned it into a small end table. They made a set of legs and the box sits on the legs. Americans do crazy things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your ladies get well soon, and you enjoy your present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely hope that you escape the dreaded plague ... and that your loves recover!
    and am still jealous about that writing box!
    :)(
    A

    ReplyDelete