Sunday 20 February 2011

Of lead and books...


Just a quick shot of what I have been working on yesterday- 28mm Nordic Bronze Age for Impetvs and 54mm Army Red/White cyclists for Funnylittlewars. In the background you see one of the very,very few bookshelves here at the Duchy which have a theme.No prizes for spotting the theme I'm afraid. Mostly my stuff is distributed randomly- however I can usually find a book no bother if I need to. Occasionally I forget which books I have retained and which have long since gone- must be an age thing I guess. By the way just watching Downton Abbey on dvd and Outcasts on BB1 - both well worth viewing I'd say.

3 comments:

  1. It is nice to see that I am not the only person whose books are organised in such a unique and personal way.

    By the way, I totally agree with your views about 'Downton Abbey'; it is nice to see such a well-made drama that both my wife and I can enjoy. I have also enjoyed 'Outcasts' (unlike most of the critics) but it is not quite my wife's cup of tea!

    Good luck with the cyclists.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. My books are scattered around at least 2 different rooms (in addition to a few reference works on hand at the painting desk). There was some system to it orginally, but now it's mostly a matter of "I think I have a good idea where a book is when I want it"; but not always. ha ha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an interesting bookshelf you have there Alan; P.V. Glob and Randsborg, and then all the 18th century tomes. Some good reading there!

    Speaking of books, what did you think of the Demos' Unredeemed Captive?
    cheers,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete