Sunday 11 September 2011

Thanks etc

Some thanks to begin with.
Firstly ,as no one has come forward yet, many thanks for the mystery donor who donated an excellent 25mmm lantern on a pole. I could not read your signature but I am very delighted to add it my Lamplighter Quatro.
Secondly on the subject of magazines- Springinsfeld I am a member already of the P&S society having rejoined after some years away from it and am looking forward to the next arquebusier very soon. Will have a look at "history Today " when next up town...
Martin I am so grateful for the link to Backwoodsman - I have been trying to recall the name for ages.The magazine brought me so much pleasure years ago and I am glad to renew my acquaintance with it- have asked for a quote for single issue/subscription cost. The Journal of the early Americas looks really interesting too- I have am going to ask for a trial copy. I feel my reading could be on the up and up!

Sunday night already- too much to do including the dreaded school related paperwork/paper-serving planning. Another week starts tomorrow! I enclose a photo of our garden produce from yesterday's evening meal preparation. Cutting the grass and digging around the new shed/summerhouse/garage ( what will I call it?) gave me time to think and plan hobby wise. That combined with a find of my Ral Partha(?) 25mm French -indian war figs and canoes in a box has led me to do much thinking on reviving Ny Tradgardland as I began some time ago. I enjoyed my mental trip in to the imaginary colony just south of Louisberg...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alan,

    You're welcome, and I was glad to be of service.

    As to what to name your "Fortress Of Solitude"...Leon Uris in his book, "Trinity" described a simple structure in the high meadows where a young Irish kid tasked with watching the flocks all summer would camp out; reading what books he had available, writing down whatever took his fancy; dreaming the dreams of youth, while experiencing the ancient pulse of the land; and oh yes! watching the sheep. They were called "The Boolie House".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall that Ral Partha ever made F&I figures . . . but RAFM did (and I suspect still does).


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, RAFM still makes them. Take a look at the three pages starting here:

    http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=FIW

    If they are the ones you have, you can order more. And they also make a Plains War line for the 19th century:

    http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAF&Category_Code=PIW


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oophs I got my worms wrong- I did indeed mean Rafm.Sorry for the confusion...

    ReplyDelete