Tuesday 27 December 2011

A picture etc...


Since I began my blog I have really enjoyed the searching out of inspiring and interesting images for it. Pictures have always been integral to the whole Tradgardland thing. I set myself a challenge of finding one image to convey the 18th century Duchy in winter and I have settled upon the one above.Let me know what you think.
I have been most fortunate over Christmas with gifts including the following- a 2nd hand copy of Roy Dilley's "Scale model Soldiers" which I loved as a boy, an account of the archaelogical dig at Jamestown called "Jamestown the buried truth" by Kelso and recruits (currently being painted) for the acw game on the 30th. I also got a very useful piece of stationary with fantastic wargaming potential.If you want to know more pop over to my Army Red/White Blog. Off to peruse the work of my fellow bloggers ,drink more coffee and then get back to the painting...

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen this artist's prints before, aren't they charming.

    Thanks for sharing

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent find -and perfectly atmospheric.

    Best wishes,
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that even John the OFM visits Tradgardland in his sedan chair.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Pieck paintings are full of atmosphere, just right for Tradgarldand...

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the style of the picture and it's very fitting for Tradgardland in Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, enjoy the work of Anton Pieck. There's always far more in the picture that meets the first glance.

    ReplyDelete