Thursday 23 January 2014

Stating the obvious or maybe not?

This might be the most obvious post in the world or maybe not? One of my all time favourite sets of rules are the Wargames Holiday Centre  Malburian ones. My regular opponent and I adapted them for the Seven Years War quite successfully.They give a simple,fast enjoyable game.
The rules require ,for example infantry units to be  made up of normally 4 bases ,each 40mm square and each containing four figures. I am a bit off multiple basing at present currently favouring single penny basing. So what I have decided to do is to try the single figures making up the same frontage and depth and otherwise the rules as normal. Perhaps a wee stick to take the dressings and frontage/depth would help marked at 40mm and 160mm intervals.I hope to try it out soon. Single basing and favourite rules a good combo me thinks.Anyone tried similar?

3 comments:

  1. Have you considered the 'penny' sabots made by Warbase , I have used them for my Napoleonics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say the same thing! Really useful I will be using these for any 18c armies on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment chaps. Don't get me wrong I have used Warbases- great bases,movement trays and service.I have quite a number of their movement trays and I have been swithering about going down the route you suggest.The only thing is I quite like the look of individual figures on the battlefield.I am going to have to think...

    ReplyDelete