Wednesday 23 July 2008

Card , P.V.A and paper...

I have put pen to paper and have begun to map the major lake in the border area - it contains a number of island whose ownership is hotly contested by Skogsmork and Tradgardland. Today whilst taking my daughters to the orthodontist's I will photocopy the original and enlarge to A3 - I will work at this size then reduce down to A4 once more. I am tentatively pleased so far...
Last night I got out some card , paper and glue and started to build a boat! it was very absorbing and has started well. The waterline model is surprisingly robust, 8 inches long and has the looks of a fine lake going vessel. I will draw planking onto paper and clad her in that rather than painting. i got up 6.00a.m and got the decks added and some more work done - a satisfying morning's work so far...

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you were unaware of it, here is a link to building ships:

    http://www.zeitcom.com/majgen/59howtosh.html

    (Note that you might have to do some fancy copy/paste because of word wrap)


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete