Saturday 14 January 2012

Update from the Duchy

Firstly may I say a big "thank you" to all who left supportive and encouraging advice here.They were a great  source of ideas to think upon.I have tried to act upon the advice,restart an old project and have enjoyed painting today - both this morning before breakfast and now in the afternoon.
I have made the transition back to work and have had a busy ,useful but at times frustrating week. Highpoint of the week was Jan's visit to her consultant  where we were given the fantastic news that all is going well one year almost exactly since treatment stopped!
I have posted a photo of me at work today on the restarted project-do feel free to have a guess as to what I am gluing and painting .More information very soon.

9 comments:

  1. A cosy scene, and glad to hear you are feeling more chipper. Those 54mm cyclists look interesting, can you tell me about them? Great news about Jan too, huzzah. Finishing work now and heading home to hopefully do some painting myself
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've posted a phto of a finished one and other 54mm troops at my other blog-
    http://armyredwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up old chap. Good to see you back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything's going well for Jan. I'm glad also to know the creativity is flowing again for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers!
    'Guess as to what I am gluing and painting.': tricornes, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about your wife's progress! And good to hear you've gotten a bit of creative boost going. Looks like some bicycle-mounted troops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyclists? Gracious, my eyes were saying cavalry! Am I blind! In any case, you like you are intent and having some fun so it must have been a success. No painting for me, I'm still buried in paperwork! (sob!) Maybe I can steal a half hour for some Bordurian light cavarly at the end of the evening.

    Great news about Jan - hooray!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cyclists!!!! Whats this VBCW madness

    ReplyDelete