Monday 31 July 2017

Not out!

Firstly many thanks for your kind words and support,it really makes a difference. I am moving forward. I have taken much of your advice- a day visit to St Andrews was great, listening to Test Match Special whilst doing some gardening or painting and enjoying some books and tv. Friday saw me take my Romans across the Firth of Forth by train to try and put down a revolt by Civilis. The game was great but ended in my Romans succumbing to the combined might of Germanic tribesmen allied with revolting roman auxiliaries and cavalry.  A re match is planned. Today I cut the hedge with secateurs ( whilst telling passing neighbours that Jan had sensibly always banned me from an electric hedgetrimmer in case I cut myself) ending with me cutting a finger and going to minor injuries at the local hospital to have the cut glued and a tetanus booster given. This will put my Kingdom of Commagene figure painting on  hold for a few days. We are getting there.

11 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope your finger heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tradgardmastare,

    Other than the injury to you finger (which I hope heals quickly) things sound as if they are getting better. This is excellent news ... and let's hope that this improvement continues.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done that man.

    Careful with the secateurs though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing well - except minor injuries ! , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Sir. I am glad things are going better

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear you are moving forward! Sounds like things are going pretty well, apart from the pruning accident. I hope that heals quickly! Even without power equipment, who among us hasn't cut a finger or hand with a hobby knife? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're doing well, despite the minor injury.

    Always remember I'm not too far away if you ever want a gentle game. And you're welcome to come up to Perth on Thursday. This week a friend and myself will be playing the second game in our Longstreet ACW campaign. You're welcome to come along and see what's happening and take part in something - or even just enjoy the banter at our die rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news, apart from the cut which sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch - I prescribe more books and TV until painting fingers are healed.
    Best wishes, Mark Man of TIN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see things are brightening up, despite the injury.

    ReplyDelete